THANK YOU for visiting my official webpage. You could be outside enjoying a summer day, or watching a baseball game, or napping. Instead you’re here, and I appreciate that. Click around and if you have a question or comment, I’d love to hear from you. You can drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top of this page!
Summer’s always a fun time of year. My car temperature gauge hit 117 yesterday, so there’s that. Y’all come on down to Texas if you want to enjoy the heat. In other news–
- American Christian Fiction Writers announced finalists for their Carol Award, and A Widow’s Hope is in the top 3 for the short novel category. I’m over-the-moon excited, and I’ll let you know the results when they are announced in September.
- I’ll be receiving a cover and final edit for Dead Wrong, book 1 in my Agatha’s Amish B&B cozy mystery series. I’ll share a pre-order link as soon as it’s available. I hope to have a release date in early September.
- I’m working on book 6 in my Indiana Amish Bride series. My working title is “For Richer or Poorer.”
- I’m also writing a novella for the collection An Amish Christmas Wedding. I believe that will release in the fall of 2020.
- Summer of Suspense made the USA Today bestseller list at #28. I’m super excited and quite proud of my fellow authors. This is a 16 novella anthology by 16 well known Christian authors–now available at Amazon for purchase and in their KU program.
- I have a Goodreads Giveaway for The Amish Christmas Matchmaker. See the link below to enter.
I hope and pray you’re having an awesome summer. Before we know it, our highs will dip below 100, the leaves will begin to turn and fall, and we’ll be putting on sweaters.
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
One of the most frequent questions I’m asked is WHY AMISH? It’s a pretty specialized genre, so why write Amish books? The question always makes me laugh, because if you’d asked me 10 years ago, I would have never guessed that I would have written 32 books in that time, with 25 being Amish. So why Amish? It’s a good question.
- In 2009, my agent asked me to write Amish. She was receiving requests from publishers that needed more Amish books.
- My first book, A Simple Amish Christmas released in 2010, was such a success that I was immediately offered a contract for more Amish books from other publishers.
- Once I met a few Amish families, I was intrigued by their lifestyle.
- The more time I spent visiting Amish communities, the more I realized they deal with the same problems that we do. It’s their lifestyle choices that are different.
- Readers seemed to love the stories, and every week I receive requests for more.
- It’s very easy to work faith elements into an Amish story, as faith is an integral part of their lives.
- I’ve enjoyed visiting different communities–which allows me to write even more books centering around Amish characters.
So what do you think? Has this genre been over done, or would you like to see more books centered around the Amish lifestyle? I’d love to hear from you. And if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section.
- I have new items in my VC Boutique Store, including dish cloths, fall hats, and a new afghan. Check it out here.
- Dead Wrong, my new Amish cozy mystery, is now available for pre-order. It will release on November 5th, and yes–it will be available at all retailers in both print and ebook.
- The Amish Christmas Matchmaker will be in stores September 17th, and the ebook will be available October 1.