Thanks for stopping by my official webpage. The dog days of summer have arrived. As we hunker down and wait for fall, I appreciate the fact that you’re here. Browse around a bit, leave a comment if you’d like, and if you have a question, drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top of this page!
A Widow’s Hope, my first Harlequin/Love Inspired release is now available in ebook and print. It debuted on the PW list at #17, so thank you to everyone who purchased a copy in the first week. This week I had a little fun with my first FaceBook Live post, which you can view here. I knew I had a southern accent, but I didn’t know how extreme it was until I watched that video!
A Widow’s Hope was a real joy to write. It was a challenge for me to write a shorter story and still give you characters that will feel like friends, a plot that keeps you turning the page, and an ending that is satisfying yet leaves you wishing for one more chapter.
Hannah’s life has been filled with love and happiness and yes–no small amount of tragedy. She’s trying to get back on her feet, trying to find joy in every day, trying to believe that God still has a plan for her. Jacob’s been scarred by his past–both physically and emotionally. He finds solace in building special playhouses for handicapped children.
The morning he arrives at Hannah’s house to build a playhouse for her son, a door opens–one that offers both Hannah and Jacob a chance at a life that they’d thought they would never have. The question is whether they’ll have the courage and faith to step through that door.
A Widow’s Hope is available in bookstores, Walmart, and anywhere that sells Love Inspired books. You can also order at all the usual on-line places. Or you can order autographed copies in my on-line store, VC Boutique for readers. I’ve paired books with handmade items, and the shipping is always free. And if you’d like to read a few chapters before purchasing, you can do so here.
Thanks again for stopping by. I hope you’re able to stay cool, relax a little, and enjoy what’s left of the summer.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
I’m so happy to announce that A Widow’s Hope is now available in stores! (The ebook will release next Wednesday, August 1st). This is my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book, so I thought I’d tell you a few of the things I’ve learned about H/LI since I began writing for them.
- Love Inspired is the Christian division of Harlequin books. They release books “strongly rooted in traditional Christian and moral values.”
- In 2014, Harlequin books was purchased by Newscorp and is now a division of Harper Collins (If you’ve read my early Amish mysteries or my novellas, they are published by Harper Collins Christian Publishing).
- Harlequin publishes a LOT of books. In 2002 alone they published more than half of all romances released in North America.
- Harlequin books appear in stores for only one month. You can find them at Walmart, grocery stores, books stores, and your local Christian book stores. After 30 days they are pulled from the shelves and can be purchased on-line in ebook or print format.
- Harlequin has an ebook club and a print book club, where you can subscribe to receive a set number of releases per month.
- Harlequin suspense books are often made into LifeTime movies and Harlequin romance books are often made into Hallmark Channel movies
- Harlequin always releases the print books on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, then the ebook is released on the 1st of the following month.
I’m excited to be writing for this publisher. I hope that you’ll check out my newest release, and if you read and enjoy it please leave a review on Amazon or Goodreads. Goodreads’ reviews are pulled straight into the Harlequin webpage.
Comment below with where you purchase/borrow books from, and I’ll draw one winner to receive an earlier release from my book closet. Our winner from the last post was Roberta Jeffers. If your name is Roberta Jeffers, check your email. If you didn’t receive an email from me, it was a different Roberta. 🙂
Announcements for this week:
- I’ve added new items to my VCReader’s Boutique including autographed copies of my newest release with quilted bookmarks for only $7. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week.
- An Amish Table, A Perfect Square, and An Amish Cradle all made the ECPA bestseller list last month. Thank you for supporting Christian fiction.
- The repackaged edition of Material Witness released July 10th.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes some cool author swag. Click here and scan down for details.