Thanks for clicking over to my official webpage. Browse around, leave a comment, and if you have a question, drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top of this page!
Fall has pushed into Texas after a month of rain and flooding. We’re happy for a few days of sunshine. As the weather turns cold, I’ve put the final edits on A Perfect Amish Match (summer 2019), and I am about to send Her Amish Cowboy (fall 2019) to my editor. But writers do a lot of things besides write–they promote, they try to connect with readers, they read, and they teach. I’m so happy to announce that I will be teaching for Ireland Writing Tours next summer, and I’ll be teaching with my good friend, Amanda Flower.
Amanda and I started writing at the same time. We both had our first books published in 2010. She releases her 25th book next month, and I release my 30th in November. You could say we’ve been a little busy! And we want to share what we’ve learned with other aspiring authors. So if you’re interested, or know someone who might be, click on over to Ireland Writing Tours or send me an email through the connect button above. Whether you’re a seasoned writer, a pre-published writer, or an avid reader of our books…there’s a place on the tour for you. But there’s only 12 places open, and the early bird price ends on 1-15-19.
I also have a Goodreads giveaway going on for my upcoming release.
In other news, I now am offering autographed copies of some of my releases in my on-line store, VC Boutique for readers. I’ve also paired books with handmade items, and the shipping is always free. For a limited time, use coupon code Fall10PercentOff for 10% off your order. And below is my Fall Rafflecopter giveaway.
Thanks again for stopping by. I pray that you are enjoying this fall season and that you know the peace and joy of the our Lord.
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
As fall settles over the Texas Hill Country, my thoughts turn to good books and old friends. Not such a strange combination, if you think about it.
I love to read in the fall. (Confession–I love to read all the time.) When the weather turns cold, I like to make a hot cup of tea or coffee, grab a book, and curl up in a chair. I can disappear there for hours on end. Sometimes it takes a good friend to tug on my arm and remind me I should go outside, go with them for a cup of coffee, spend a little time in the real world. My next release, Amish Christmas Memories, was dedicated to just this kind of friend.
I’ve known Vicki since I was 13 years old–that was a long time ago! At first I babysat her children, and then her children grew up and babysat mine. Now one of those girls–Kristy–is my virtual assistant. I don’t know what I’d do without her!
I recently went to see Vicki while we were in Houston. The thing about old friends, is that you pick up right where you left off. It doesn’t seem to matter how long it’s been. They’re your friend. They’ll always be your friend. People often ask me why Amish fiction is so popular. One of the reasons, I think, is because it focuses on friendship and family and the things that we treasure in life.
So tell me about an old friend you have. I’ll randomly choose one name to win a book for you and your best friend. Last post’s winner was Steve C.
Announcements for this week:
- 5 of my Amish novels are on sale this month in ebook format for $1.99 or less. Purchase through Amazon or check your favorite retailer. Always confirm the price before purchasing.
- We’re having antoher sale in my VCReader’s Boutique. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Enter discount coupon Fall10percentoff for 10% off your entire order now through the end of the month. All crafted items now let you CHOOSE which book you’d like to go with it.
- I’m going to Ireland, and I’d love for you to go with me. This trip is for writers, friends of writers, or readers who want to come and hang out with me and Amanda Flower. Details here.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes a beautiful fall-colored afghan made by my mom. Click here and scan down for details.
- Amish Christmas Memories, my next release, is now available for pre-order.