THANK YOU for visiting my official webpage. You could be outside enjoying a summer day, or watching a baseball game, or napping. Instead you’re here, and I appreciate that. Click around and if you have a question or comment, I’d love to hear from you. You can drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top of this page!
Summer’s always a fun time of year. My car temperature gauge hit 117 yesterday, so there’s that. Y’all come on down to Texas if you want to enjoy the heat. In other news–
- American Christian Fiction Writers announced finalists for their Carol Award, and A Widow’s Hope is in the top 3 for the short novel category. I’m over-the-moon excited, and I’ll let you know the results when they are announced in September.
- I’ll be receiving a cover and final edit for Dead Wrong, book 1 in my Agatha’s Amish B&B cozy mystery series. I’ll share a pre-order link as soon as it’s available. I hope to have a release date in early September.
- I’m working on book 6 in my Indiana Amish Bride series. My working title is “For Richer or Poorer.”
- I’m also writing a novella for the collection An Amish Christmas Wedding. I believe that will release in the fall of 2020.
- Summer of Suspense made the USA Today bestseller list at #28. I’m super excited and quite proud of my fellow authors. This is a 16 novella anthology by 16 well known Christian authors–now available at Amazon for purchase and in their KU program.
- I have a Goodreads Giveaway for The Amish Christmas Matchmaker. See the link below to enter.
I hope and pray you’re having an awesome summer. Before we know it, our highs will dip below 100, the leaves will begin to turn and fall, and we’ll be putting on sweaters.
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
Our 16 book anthology, Summer of Suspense is now available. So today I thought I’d share a little about the setting–Shipshewana Hot Spots.
No, I’m not talking about places you can find Wi-Fi in Shipshewana, Indiana. I’m talking about fun places to see. I recently visited the area, and I wanted to share some pictures and thoughts.
- Shipshewana is a small town – see the flowers above? Not quite 700 residents (during market days that swells to as much as 30,000).
- We stayed at the Bluegate, which is convenient, close, and lovely. There are a lot of places to stay in the area.
- Keep your eyes open for phone shacks.
- Yoder’s Department store is a fun place to visit.
- Lolly’s Fabrics (in the Davis Mercantile) is also a favorite of mine.
- You can have dinner in an Amish home.
- The Pumpkinvine Trail is lovely. You can walk all the way to Middlebury, or you can walk a little and turn back.
- Keep an eye out for Amish schools. You’ll know them by the playgrounds.
- Howie’s ice cream is a real treat, and you’ll probably see some Amish families there.
- Watch for produce signs. This one simply had a jar where you left your money, and the blueberries were delicious.
- Essenhaus in Middlebury is also a fun stop.
I love visiting the areas I write about. Amish communities offer a special kind of peace and quiet–it really is like stepping back in time. If you have any questions about Shipshe, let me know. I’ll be happy to try and answer them. And remember, you can download your copy of Summer of Suspense now. My contribution to this collection is Fading Into the Night, an Amish suspense set in Shipshewana. The price for the entire collection will remain 99c until Sunday, August 11th, at which point it goes up to regular price. At this point it’s only offered in ebook format, but I hope to release mine with 3 other stories–in print and ebook–next spring.
Announcements for this week
- I have new items in my VC Boutique Store. Check it out here.
- All 5 of my Wisconsin amish stories are for sale in one bundle for $3.99. That’s 2 novellas and 3 full novels for $3.99.
- Dead Wrong is now at my editor’s. This new Amish cozy mystery series will release in September. I’ll provide buy links soon.
- The Amish Christmas Matchmaker will be in stores the end of September. If you are a blogger/reviewer it is now available on Netgalley.