Just a short blog today. I wanted to wish you a very merry Christmas. Also I wanted to thank you for allowing me into your mailbox this year. You are more of a encouragement to me than you can possibly imagine. Writing is an awesome gig, but it’s also a solitary pursuit, and you each help to make that journey more enjoyable for me.
I’ll be spending time with family the next week, and sneaking in some knitting, quilting, and reading whenever I can.
My prayer is that you enjoy your time with family, pause long enough to consider the Christ child, enjoy the cup of hot cocoa–rest and relax and be grateful. Because Christmas, more than any other holiday, reminds us of how much our heavenly Father loves us, and that is something worth celebrating.
Announcements for this week:
- My clean romantic suspense series, Defending America, is now available in a boxed set through Amazon. My inspirational suspense Jacobs Family series is also in a boxed set. Both are $6.99/set or free through Kindle Unlimited.
- Amish Christmas Memories is now available in print and ebook, but you might have trouble finding the print book at Walmart as it probably sold out. Of course it’s also available through on-line retailers.
- We’re having another sale in my VCReader’s Boutique. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Use coupon code HOLIDAY15 for 15% off, and it’s always free shipping. All crafted items now let you CHOOSE which book you’d like to go with it.
- In January, I’m going to begin a blog series on “What I’ve learned from the Amish” – so stay tuned and invite your friends to follow this blog!
Who the Bishop Knows will officially release on March 6, so today I thought I’d share with you what happens when a book releases. There was a time when a book release meant a flurry of signings at bookstores and possibly a book tour. Times have changed though, and in our virtually oriented world, book releases look Continue reading
Leo watches over me as I write.
Sometimes people think that because you work at home, you’re not busy. Nothing could be farther from the truth! I’ve worked in offices, schools, and at home. It’s all fun, and it’s all hard work. But being an author is different from Continue reading
How’s everyone doing? I hope you’re enjoying these blogs (and Vlogs) from my back porch. Actually, today’s is from my office, but the point is to have an informal, laid-back conversation between us. I loved your comments and very much enjoyed reading about your fav flowers on last week’s post!
This week I wanted to give you a little tour of my office. (If you’re receiving this blog via email, you probably have to click on the title and go to my sight to see the video.)
My office was actually my son’s bedroom until I told him I needed it. He moved out to an apartment and the rest is history! It’s a small room, as you’ll see in the video, probably 10 feet by 10 feet. Kind of plain and simple, but it works for me. What about you? Do you have a special place in your house where you work or craft? For a while, mine was the dining room table! Leave a comment describing YOUR SPOT, and we’ll pull a winner for a free book. (Last week’s winner was Kimberly T.)
Announcements for this week:
- Shelley Shepard Gray and I will be meting for our Girlfriends Getaway in Charm, OH. If you’re going, I’m looking forward to meeting you! If you can’t come–we’ll be having on-line prizes for those who follow us on Facebook and twitter.
- Deep Shadows is now available for pre-order. This is the first book in my new dystopian series. Don’t know what dystopian is? Read my blog post at the Diamond Mind of Christian Fiction. You can now pre-order Deep Shadows. All vendors offer a pre-order price guarantee, so if the price goes down before the item is released, you receive the lower price. **Amazon ** B&N ** CBD.
- My May rafflectopter giveaway is live through 6-22, and it’s easy to enter daily. Check here for details. This month’s giveaway includes something I picked up in Shipshewana, a $10 Starbucks card and more!
Time to turn off the computer and head to the back porch. Bob’s waiting for me with both dogs. I hope you enjoyed today’s video, and I’d love to hear about YOUR fav spot. Leave a comment on the blog, and I’ll draw a winner to receive a complimentary copy of the book of your choice from my book list.
I’m writing today’s blog from the back porch. In Texas, the back porch is where important things happen–it’s where we sip sweet tea, watch the dear, talk to family, and meet with friends. It’s where we go when we need quiet time, devotional time, prayer time. My husband pointed out that we don’t technically have a back porch. We have a back deck, but it’s the same thing in my opinion. My video starts in the back yard and ends up at the deck, where I do my sitting, resting, praying, even working.
Announcements for this week:
- An Amish Cradle is $1.99 (ebook only) May 2nd-May 8th. ** Amazon ** B&N ** CBD
- Shelley Shepard Gray and I are finalizing plans for our Girlfriends Getaway in Charm, OH. If you’re interested in attending, but haven’t made your reservation, email Laurie at Laurie4ssg@gmail.com.
- Deep Shadows is now available for pre-order. This is the first book in my new dystopian series. Don’t know what dystopian is? Read the blurb for Deep Shadows here. For Amazon, the pre-order price is guaranteed, so if the price goes down before the item is released, you receive the lower price. **Amazon ** B&N ** CBD.
- My May rafflectopter giveaway is now live. Check here for details. This week’s giveaway includes something I picked up in Shipshewana, a $10 Starbucks card and more!
Time to close down the computer and just enjoy sitting on the back porch. I hope you enjoyed today’s video, and I’d love to hear about YOUR back porch, or wherever you go to relax. Leave a comment on the blog, and I’ll draw a winner to receive a complimentary copy of the book of your choice from my book list.