Some days it’s hard to see the blessings in life. When that happens to me, I take a walk. Looking at all God has created, well it lifts my spirits. So today I thought I’d bring you some of the things I’ve seen the past week or so that reminded me of God’s care.
Yes, we have new fawns in the neighborhood, and sunflowers in the backyard, and geckos on the wall. Need more convincing of God’s love and provision?
- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. ~Psalm 19:1
- How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. ~Psalm 104:24
- Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. ~John 1:3
- In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. ~Job 12:10
So be encouraged my friend. Be encouraged. What have you seen in nature recently that encouraged you? Leave me a comment below and I’ll pull one name to receive a box of books!
That’s right. I’m giving away a box of books with each blog. They’ll be “back copies” which means books that have been previously earlier in the year or even in previous years. I’ll sign them generically, and if it’s something you already have you can gift it to a friend or library. Our winners from the last blog were Pamela Hargraves, Judith Smith, Kay Garrett, Paula Parker, and Peggy. Ladies, you should receive an email from me or from my assistant, Kristy Kreymer.
Announcements for this week
- I have two new releases this month. The first is a 2-in-1 with the fabulous Dana Lynn, and you should be able to find it at your local Walmart (or online). The second is the final story in my Cyber Division series–High Noon. These novellas can be read in any order, and I’ll be releasing a compiled version containing all 4 in print and ebook next month.
- I’m participating in two cross promotions this month. All Kinds of Cozy Mysteries includes my book, Dead Wrong. Love on the Run is a collection of Christian suspense stories and includes my book, Hidden.
- I also start work on Dead Broke this month, the second release in my Agatha’s Amish B&B cozy mystery series. I hope to share a cover with you soon!
It’s a little hard to believe that it’s only been 3 weeks since local and national government began issuing “shelter-in-place” orders, stores changed hours or closed, and many churches switched to on-line services. Wow. A lot has happened in 3 weeks.
And so now it seems we have a new normal. For me that means Continue reading
I’m doing the snoopy dance today. Why, you ask? Because today my 5th book from the Indiana Amish Brides series is available in stores. The ebook will release on Feb. 1, but until then you can order print copies from the usual culprits:
Amazon B&N Harlequin
It will also be on shelves in most neighborhood Walmarts.
For some reason I keep embracing Continue reading
How is your new year going? I thought I’d start the year with a giveaway. Interested? Read on, my friend. Read on.
This week I released the 2nd installment in my cyber series. You might be wondering why I hopped into something so different.
- The shorter length is a fun break from a full length book.
- I enjoy researching disaster scenarios (I know that’s weird).
- My interest in the subject came from my research on my Remnant series.
- I’m a bit of a news junkie, so I’ve kept up with recent cyber attacks.
- I honestly believe that God’s provision is sufficient–in any scenario.
These novellas are approximately 60 pages in length, and they don’t have to be read in any particular order. Currently they’re available in ebook only (all vendors). Once I’ve completed the series, I’ll release it in a combined/print book.
So let’s give some away! If you’d like a copy of Midnight Strike (book 2) or Fading Into the Night (book 1), comment below with which book you’d like to receive. If you’ve already read it and I draw your name, you can gift it to a friend. I’ll draw 10 winners and contact you in the next week. If you’re on social media and would like to share this giveaway, I’d appreciate it.
Announcements for this week
- Midnight Strike released on 1-3-20. This is novella #2 in my Cyber Division series, and it’s a brand new 60 page story. I hope you’ll give it a try. You can find it on Amazon or any ebook retailers.
- An Unlikely Amish Match, book 5 in my Indiana Amish Brides series will appear in stores beginning Jan. 21st. I’d love to hear if you see it in a store near you. Available for pre-order through Amazon or other retailers.
- Dead Wrong is still available in print and ebook, and you can purchase autographed copies from my on-line store. Order only the book or pair it with a Texas package and shipping is always free. Check it out here.
- Have Christmas cash to spend? I have lots of new stuff in my on-line store. Check it our here. The discount code 15%Holiday2019 will be good for a few more weeks–15% off any order.
There’s nothing wrong with shopping, of course. In fact, if you have the urge, feel free to purchase my new release, A Perfect Amish Match. It’s available in ebook and print. (You can find it at most Walmart stores as well as online retailers).
Some of you might remember that I decided to try a shopping ban for 2019, so I thought I’d update you on how it’s going. So far, so good. Of course I still purchase consumables (food, paper goods, etc.). For me, I found that my biggest tempations were books (surprise), fabric for quilting, yarn for knitting, and clothes! Those are my big 4. Apparently today is day 104, and to tell you the truth I think Continue reading
Do you read the book dedication in the front of books?
I do. In fact, I read all of the front matter. It’s a funny thing. If you’re reading on an e-reader, sometimes they start on page 1 of chapter 1. I always want to shout “Slow down, Nelly.” I have to tell the e-reader to go to the cover, and let me read all of the front stuff. Of course if it’s a print book, I can just flip to the front!
For me, it’s a special thing to be able to dedicate a book to someone. After all, it takes a village to Continue reading
I’m so happy to announce that A Widow’s Hope is now available in stores! (The ebook will release next Wednesday, August 1st). This is my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book, so I thought I’d tell you Continue reading
Defending America Series
I’m crazy excited to announce that I have two new books up for pre-order. Coyote’s Revenge and Roswell’s Secret are fast paced, suspense-filled, emotionally-driven books that are clean and wholesome. There’s no foul language, no adult scenes, just good clean fiction. If you’ve read my Continue reading
New Release–When the Bishop Needs an Alibi
I’m thrilled to announce the release of book 2 in my Amish Bishop series. When the Bishop Needs an Alibi is now available in stores everywhere.
Hopefully you’ve read What the Bishop Saw and met Henry Lapp. Henry is the best of all the pastors I’ve known. He’s wise and kind and friendly. He cares about his flock. He loves doing Continue reading
I had a nice surprise when I peeked over at my Amazon page this week – What the Bishop Saw is available in the Kindle store. The actual book releases on May 1, and the print as well as ebook will be available everywhere books are sold on that date. Until then, Kindle readers get an Continue reading