Today is my book birthday! I’m so excited that Amish Christmas Memories is now available in stores. (The ebook will release on 12-1, so hang on dear e-readers.)
I can’t say that in 2010 I imagined releasing 30 books in 8 years. At the time, I was thrilled that someone wanted to publish A Simple Amish Christmas. I think it’s fitting and right that my 30th release should also be a Christmas story.
I’m often asked why people read Amish.
“I don’t get it–what’s the allure?”
For me Christmas is a perfect example of why we admire the Amish lifestyle. It’s at Christmas that many of us feel rushed or stressed, financially strapped, tired, lonely, and maybe even a little sad. I think those emotions are all normal, and sometimes it’s because in our minds we imagine a fairy-tale Christmas. For me it’s a cross between It’s A Wonderful Life and Elf.
Amish fiction, and especially Amish Christmas books, remind us that this is a holiday about our faith, that it’s okay to keep things simple, and that the best way to fight loneliness is to be a friend to our neighbor. Those are just a few of the topics I tackle in Amish Christmas Memories. So what about you? What’s your favorite type of Amish story? Leave a comment and one winner will be pulled to received an autographed book. Last post’s winner was Gail H.
Announcements for this week:
- We’ll be celebrating my new release with a “12 days of Christmas” giveaway on Facebook and Twitter. So if you’re on either of those sites, feel free to join us. The giveaways will begin on Monday, November 26th.
- We’re having another sale in my VCReader’s Boutique. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Use coupon code HOLIDAY15 for 15% off, and it’s always free shipping. All crafted items now let you CHOOSE which book you’d like to go with it.
- I’m going to Ireland, and I’d love for you to go with me. This trip is for writers, friends of writers, or readers who want to come and hang out with me and Amanda Flower. Details here.
Some of you may have seen my announcement on Facebook that I’ve signed a contract with Harlequin/Love Inspired for 6 additional books in my Indiana Amish Brides series. I’m beyond excited and grateful. So today, I thought I’d share with you a peek into what’s Coming Soon …
The following are all working titles and subject to change!
- Book 3 – Amish Matchmaker
- Book 4 – Her Amish Cowboy
- Book 5 – His Second Chance
- Book 6 – For Richer or Poorer
- Book 7 – Her Secret Child
- Book 8 – Amish Blessings
- Book 9 – Trouble Times Two
All are Amish romances that focus on faith, family, and God’s grace in our lives. They’ll release over the next 4 years. I want to thank each of you. The fact that you read quality Christian fiction helps publishers choose to promote that type of fiction. We couldn’t do it without you!
Comment below with the first Amish book you remember reading, and I’ll draw one winner to receive an earlier release from my book closet. Our winner from the last post was Pamela Bain, who I’ve already been in contact with. (If your name is Pamela and you didn’t receive an email from me, it was a different Pamela.)
Announcements for this week:
- We’re having a sale in my VCReader’s Boutique including autographed copies of my newest release with quilted bookmarks for only $7. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Enter discount coupon Back2School20 for 20% off your entire order now through the end of the month.
- Three of my Amish mysteries are on sale this month in ebook format for $1.99 – A Perfect Square, Murder Simply Brewed and Murder Freshly Baked.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes 6 autographed books and a book bag. Click here and scan down for details.
I‘m so happy to share with you the cover of my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book. Isn’t it beautiful?
And here’s the back cover blurb:
His scars are visible.
Hers are hidden…
An Indiana Amish Brides match
After tragedy claimed her husband’s life and her son’s ability to walk, Hannah King doesn’t want a new man. She has her family, a home and mounting debts. Scarred Amish bachelor Jacob Schrock offers Hannah the job she desperately needs. But while Hannah helps Jacob resolve his accounting issues, can she and her little boy also heal his wounded heart?