Some days it’s hard to see the blessings in life. When that happens to me, I take a walk. Looking at all God has created, well it lifts my spirits. So today I thought I’d bring you some of the things I’ve seen the past week or so that reminded me of God’s care.
Yes, we have new fawns in the neighborhood, and sunflowers in the backyard, and geckos on the wall. Need more convincing of God’s love and provision?
- The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. ~Psalm 19:1
- How many are your works, Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. ~Psalm 104:24
- Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. ~John 1:3
- In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. ~Job 12:10
So be encouraged my friend. Be encouraged. What have you seen in nature recently that encouraged you? Leave me a comment below and I’ll pull one name to receive a box of books!
That’s right. I’m giving away a box of books with each blog. They’ll be “back copies” which means books that have been previously earlier in the year or even in previous years. I’ll sign them generically, and if it’s something you already have you can gift it to a friend or library. Our winners from the last blog were Pamela Hargraves, Judith Smith, Kay Garrett, Paula Parker, and Peggy. Ladies, you should receive an email from me or from my assistant, Kristy Kreymer.
Announcements for this week
- I have two new releases this month. The first is a 2-in-1 with the fabulous Dana Lynn, and you should be able to find it at your local Walmart (or online). The second is the final story in my Cyber Division series–High Noon. These novellas can be read in any order, and I’ll be releasing a compiled version containing all 4 in print and ebook next month.
- I’m participating in two cross promotions this month. All Kinds of Cozy Mysteries includes my book, Dead Wrong. Love on the Run is a collection of Christian suspense stories and includes my book, Hidden.
- I also start work on Dead Broke this month, the second release in my Agatha’s Amish B&B cozy mystery series. I hope to share a cover with you soon!
VC’s not-so-messy desk
We’ve been following a “get to know one another” theme here on the blog. So far we’ve covered–
Today I wanted to answer a question I get a lot–Where do you get your ideas? That’s a great question, though of course it’s not an easy answer. Story ideas come from many different places. Personally, I’ll have something in my mind, think about it, chew on it for a few weeks or months while Continue reading
If you can’t brag on friends and family on your own blog, then where can you? So fair warning, I plan to do some bragging today.
This past Sunday, My church had a “The Church has left the building” event. It was, in a word, Continue reading
Have you ever had the thought that you’d like this Christmas to be a better holiday? You know–none of the drama or exhaustion or credit card bills? I know exactly what you Continue reading
World events have a way of darkening our outlook on life. Such tragedy and pain and hopelessness. But it occurs to me that as Christians we represent the opposite of those things. We stand for victory and healing and hope. So I thought this week I’d take a moment to share some of the verses that help me during dark times.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. ~Luke 6:38
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. ~Colossians 3:15
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. ~Psalm 56:3
Want more verses about dealing with fear and anxiety? There’s a good list here. Especially during dark times, we need to encourage and lift up one another. So how about it? What verse would you like to share? Leave a comment with your fav verse or an encouraging comment and you’ll be entered to win one of my Pebble Creek stories. Our winner last week was Rory, and I’ve already sent her an email.
Announcements for this week:
- Hidden hit #1 in its categories last week. It’s still on sale for 99 cents in ebook format at Amazon and B&N.
- If you’re in the Dallas, TX area, I’ll be speaking at the Irving libraries Mysterious Ways Author Panel on Sunday afternoon. Details here.
- Deep Shadows is now available in print and ebook. **Amazon ** B&N ** CBD. And the price has stayed below $9 for most vendors, so get your copy today!
- The giveaway at Inkslinger’s Blog will last through 7-23. Leave a comment on the blog to be entered. Plus you can read about 24 hours in the life of a romance author. Who wouldn’t want to read that? It’s RIVETING. 🙂
- My JULY Rafflectoper giveaway is live. I’m so excited about giving away the wall hanging, which would look perfect in a child or grandchild’s room. Click here and scan down the page to enter.
I wanted to take a moment to wish you a very happy, blessed Easter.
We are blessed. Aren’t we? To contemplate the Easter story is to realize once again all that Christ sacrificed for us, how deep and wide and timeless is the love of our Father, and the hope that we have in Him.
Blessings to each of you,
ps – If you’re participating in the UFO challenge, feel free to leave a comment about your March project. I’ll admit I didn’t finish mine, but I did get about 1/2 way through. For April we are to be working on project #8. Happy crafting!
New Years and Our Christian Walk
We’ve been talking about new year’s resolutions this month. We started with the UFO Challenge, then talked about Budgets and finally health resolutions. You can see all of those posts here.
Today I thought we’d talk about the most important resolutions of all — spiritual resolutions. Have you ever heard of such a Continue reading
Have you seen the Facebook Thanksgiving Challenge that’s going around? I think it’s an awesome thing. Folks are challenged to be grateful each day of November and post a short “status update” of thanksgiving each day.
Whether you’re doing this challenge or not . . .
Whether you use social media or not . . .
I’m going to challenge you to go beyond that. Years ago I took a writing course that was supposed to Continue reading
Mid-week Inspiration, I Am by David Crowder
Do you ever have a song get STUCK in your head?
We recently sang David Crowder’s “I Am” at our praise service. Oh my. What powerful lyrics. I’ve been singing it for weeks now, and I wanted to share with you.
If you are in the middle of a storm, my prayer is that you are able to “hold on to Him.”
Quilt made by a 90 year old woman
Mid-week Inspiration, Quilt Tulsa and Quilting Fun
This Friday and Saturday I will be attending Quilt Tulsa. The show runs both days from 10-5. Over 2,000 folks attended last year. There will be a Quilter’s Basket Walk, boutique, small quilt auction, education booth, and over 60 vendors. What fun! I will be selling copies of my books as Continue reading