It’s a little hard to believe that it’s only been 3 weeks since local and national government began issuing “shelter-in-place” orders, stores changed hours or closed, and many churches switched to on-line services. Wow. A lot has happened in 3 weeks.
And so now it seems we have a new normal. For me that means:
- shopping only once every 2 weeks, with a very carefully written out list
- learning to trim my own bangs
- socializing via Facetime and Zoom and texts
- staying home the vast majority of the time
- crafting and reading and doing jigsaw puzzles
- taking my mom for car rides when she gets restless
- digging down to find enough focus to write (I have a new release today–details below)
And reading the news–I probably do that too much, but always I do it with an eye toward the fact that God hasn’t forgotten us, He’s still in control, His love knows no bounds. Can I get an amen? So tell me, what’s your new normal? I’d love to hear from you.
Announcements for this week
- I have a new release–Daybreak. This is novella #3 in my Cyber series. They can easily be read as standalone stories. I’ll have information on a paperback version after book 4 (High Noon) releases this summer.
- I’m participating in a 99c Mystery/Thriller cross promotion of 25 cozy mysteries. View the entire list of books here. Note, these are not all Christian books, though my book–Roswell’s Secret is a clean and wholesome suspense read.
- I’ve reduced the price of 8 of my indies (including my latest Amish mystery, Dead Wrong) to 99c. You can see details and links here.