Wow. There’s a lot of anxiety-inducing news going around. Between the corona virus, elections, and winter-time blues (Is it spring yet?) … we could probably all use a little encouragement.
Anyone else keep a gratitude journal? For well over ten years I did. Actually it was a regular journal where I’d make a notation of how many hours I slept, 5 things I was grateful for, and my to-do list. All of those things helped me to juggle two jobs and handle stress from work, family, and world events.
But sometime in the middle of last year, I found myself slogging through the motions of my gratitude. Instead of looking forward to it, I’d stare at my calendar page and think, “Oh yeah. That. I need to be grateful.” I decided it was time to change things up a little. So I simplified. Now each day I write down one thing that makes me smile. Here’s some examples from the last month:
- hubby’s drone
winning at trivia
- our jigsaw puzzle
- my friend, JW
- my son
- eating pie with my mom
- A steaming cup of coffee in my fav mug
- family birthdays
- my dog flopping over for a back roll
What’s funny about this is that I now catch myself looking around during the day and thinking, “Is this my smile thing? Is that? Oh wait, that made me smile even bigger.” Whether you keep a gratitude journal, write down things that make you smile, or simply say a prayer of thanksgiving to God each day…I think these things encourage us and help us to see the joys and blessings of our lives. So what about you? Anything make you smile lately?
Announcements for this week
- My inspirational romantic suspense, Hidden, is on sale for 99c through March 14th, all ebook vendors. I hope you’ll check it out!
- I’m participating in a March Madness cross promotion of 25 cozy mysteries. View the entire list of books here.
- An Amish Picnic is now available in stores and on-line. This is a 4 novella anthology with myself and some of your fav Amish authors.
- Autographed books, handmade gifts, and free shipping if you order from my on-line store. Books make great gifts!
- I’m putting the final touches on Daybreak, novella #3 in my Cyber Division series. You can currently pre-order through Amazon, and in a few weeks it will be available through all ebook sites. Pub date is 4-6-20. Midnight Strike is novella #2 in this series, and you can find it on Amazon or any ebook retailers. And if you’ve signed up for my newsletter, you’ll receive the first novella, Fading Into the Night, for free. If you haven’t signed up, but would like to you can do so here in the top right hand box.