Today I thought I’d talk to you about ARCs. Why? Because I have some to give away!
In publishing, the word ARC stands for Advanced Reader Copy. These are books that are sent out to a variety of people:
- final proofreaders
- professional book review sites/magazines
It’s understood that these are not the final copy. You might find a wayward comma or a layout error, but overall these books are very close to the final thing. By sending out ARCs, publishers are able to have reviews in place before or on the day the book releases. This helps build excitement around the book, and also helps readers know if it’s the kind of book they’d like to read or not.
So let’s give away some ARCs! As you can see I have 5 copies. Usually I like to let giveaways run for a couple weeks, but since An Amish Picnic releases on March 3rd, I’ll randomly pull five names on Monday. Please only comment if you have time to read this book in the next few weeks and are willing to write an honest review. The winner of the Amish package from earlier this month was Diana F. (Diana, check your email.)
If you’re on social media and would like to share this giveaway, I’d appreciate it.
Announcements for this week
- Someone emailed me, thrilled and surprised that the book they ordered from my on-line store was autographed. Every book in my store is autographed to you (or whomever you instruct me to autograph it to). Books make great gifts!
- The 5-in-1 bundle for my Pebble Creek series is on sale for $3.99. It includes 3 full length novels and 2 short stories. The sale price is good with all ebook retailers and runs through March 3rd. When I checked Amazon earlier today, they’d lowered the price to $1.99, but I have no idea how long that will last.
- Have you tried my cyber series yet? Midnight Strike released on 1-3-20. This is novella #2 in my Cyber Division series, and it’s a brand new 60 page story. I hope you’ll give it a try. You can find it on Amazon or any ebook retailers. And if you’ve signed up for my newsletter, you’ll receive the first novella, Fading Into the Night, for free. If you haven’t signed up, but would like to you can do so here in the top right hand box.
- An Unlikely Amish Match recently landed on the #21 spot on Publisher’s Weekly Mass Market bestseller list. A big thank you to everyone who has purchased a copy, and if you haven’t they should still be available in stores.