Year of Jubilee

Christian authors, The Writing Life, Uncategorized Comments: 24

Happy new year! I’m a couple of days early, but it’s the thought that counts. Right?

Raise your hand if you like making resolutions. I’m a big resolution-maker. I usually have a chart. It might be color-coded. I keep a journal on my resolutions. It’s possible I go a little overboard.

But as I thought and prayed about 2020, I knew I wanted to make some changes. In 2019, I discovered that I have fairly severe osteoarthritis. I was relieved on the one hand, because some of my tests indicated lupus. On the other hand, I was a little stunned to realized this would be something I’d have to deal with the rest of my life. “Well, we all have something,” I can hear my mother saying. Still, my diagnosis reinforced my determination to make healthy changes.

So I’ve taken a temporary (possibly permanent) leave from teaching at my local college. I’ve resigned from church commitments (except for choir/piano). I’ve decided to spend less time on the computer, which led to the decision to ditch social media (gasp). I’m literally giving myself what I’ve come to think of as a year of jubilee–a time of rest and renewal.

There will still be lots of books. In fact, I have at least 7 books releasing in 2020. And I still want to hear from you! The best place to do that is right here, but you can also connect with me on Goodreads, Bookbub, and through my newsletter. You can also follow me on Amazon in order to receive emails regarding upcoming releases.

I pray that 2020 will bring you much joy, the peace of our Lord, and the happiness of friends and family. Thank you for being such a encouragement to me on this journey.

Blessings.

Announcements for this week

• Midnight Strike releases on 1-3-20. This is novella #2 in my Cyber Division series, and it’s a brand new 60 page story. I hope you’ll give it a try. You can find it on Amazon or any ebook retailers.
  • An Unlikely Amish Match, book 5 in my Indiana Amish Brides series will appear in stores in a few weeks. So keep an eye out. You can also pre-order through Amazon or other retailers.
  • Dead Wrong is still available in print and ebook. You can also purchase autographed copies from my on-line store. Order only the book or pair it with a Texas package and shipping is always free. Check it out here.
  • Lots of new stuff in my on-line store if you have Christmas money to spend. Check it our here. And use 15%Holiday2019 for 15% off any order.

24 thoughts on “Year of Jubilee

1. Alice Breeding

Vanetta, I also suffer from osteoarthritis and am getting some sort of shot in my lower back next week. In addition to the pain and tiredness, when others don’t understand, it really hurts. I’m sure your hubby will be a big support❤️

Hi Alice. I’m so sorry to hear about your OA. I will be praying that the shots bring you a lot of relief.

2. Mary Lou Hazelrigg

Sorry to hear if your health issue, but sounds like you are doing the right things. You can do things that will help, so glad you found out. I am so glad you are still writing and wish you a great 2020!

Hi Mary Lou. Yes, I’d much rather know what’s going on than wonder. Thank you for stopping by!

3. Maureen

Vannetta, I’m so sorry to hear about these health concerns. I am glad to hear that you have set plans in motion to deal with the osteoarthritis. It can be so hard to say “I have to step back”, but hopefully, you will benefit by doing so.
    I am just getting into “Dead Wrong”, and when something doesn’t sound right, I have to remind myself that we’re not in Shipshewana this time around!

Hi Maureen. I hope you enjoy that new Texas setting in Dead Wrong, and I appreciate your kind words regarding my OA. I’m quite optimistic about my changes!

4. Deb Bearden

Vannetta, I am so sorry to hear about your osteoarthritis. Your Year of Jubilee sounds like a wonderful idea. You will be in my prayers.

5. Diana Foust

So sorry to hear of your illness. Praying that will be manageable. Unfortunately, if we are blessed to live long enough, things do crop up.
    Looking forward to your future books. Blessings for 2020.

Hi Diana. Yes, you are so right. I saw Jumangi with my son last week. Danny Devito plays this cranky old guy who has just had a hip replacement. At the end he says, “Sometimes I forget that growing old is a blessin.” I love that!

Happy new year, and thank you for reading my books.

6. Royce E Hostetler

A Year of JUBILEE–good for you. I so enjoy your books. Looking forward to checking out more of your ebooks on my Kindle which I read while walking the treadmill each day at the apartment’s gym center.

Hi Royce. My husband keeps laughing at my term “year of jubilee.” He’s also a little worried I’ll have too many projects for him. I read a lot at the gym as well, and I appreciate your giving my books a try.

7. Patti Gallagher

Sending prayers to you Vannetta as you learn to navigate life with OA. I too live with it. My mom and grandmother had it. Focusing on your health is vital and you are doing the right thing. Some days are better than others but believe it or not, you learn to live with it and find new and enjoyable activities to participate in. My favorite is my arthritis swim class…aerobics in the water!
    I am starting off 2020 with your book Dead Wrong that I received for Christmas…I think that is a great way to start out a new year and decade! Looking forward to all your new releases this year! Take care…our Great Heavenly Healer has you covered!
    Happy New Year!

Hi Patti. Thank you so much for your note. It helps to know other people are navigating the same waters I am, and I so appreciate your encouragement. I hope you enjoy Dead Wrong. I plan to start working on book 2 soon.

8. Joyce Hammack

Bruce and I had a year of jubilee seven years ago. Out of it Jubilee Publishing was birthed, and is still going today. God can birth new things in the quiet of our soul. Glad you’re making strides to take care of yourself. God bless your rest and refreshment.

You and Bruce are such awesome mentors for me. Thank you for your encouragement! I’m praying you both have a wonderful year in 2020.

9. Marilyn R

Hi Vannetta, you’ll be missed on social media but your health is primary. OA is not something to take likely. I have a couple family members with it. Prayers for a healing touch. Take care and enjoy your new endeavors with less stress hopefully. I look forward to reading all your new releases in 2020.
    God bless.

Thank you, Marilyn. I appreciate that voice of support, and I hope you have a wonderful 2020.

10. Neva

So sorry to hear about your health issues. I will miss the FB posts. My mom used to live in Lampassas. Reading your FB page was like visiting an old friend. Thank you for your books. They bring great joy and hope. God definitely had a different plan for you at this time of life. But as we know, God’s perfect plan is always the best.
    God bless you.

11. Patricia mccurry

I don’t know how I missed this earlier but I a so sorry you have osteoarthritis .my son Jerry and I both have it tho his is worse thanmine plus hes got gouty arthritis and Gout would appreciate prayers and I will surely be praying for you.I wrote you last night when Ifinshed midnight strike don’t kow if you hae siin my coment but I loved it.I cant wait till next pne and will be happy when theyre all in print.I hope you don’t have lot of painllove and hugs Pat mccurry