I absolutely love it when a reader writes me and says, “I loved your book so much. It should be a movie!” I couldn’t agree more. I’m all for it! So how does a book get chosen for a movie? As far as I know, there are 3 ways.
- There’s a lot of “buzz” around a book and so it comes to the attention of film makers.
- Publishers meet with representatives from some film companies. In those meetings, they pitch the books they’ve published that they think will be a good fit. I’ve been fortunate to have my books pitched several times.
- Someone will give a producer or acquiring agent a book and say, “You have to read this. It’s awesome.”
We’re fortunate in the Christian fiction community in that there are now several companies that are acquiring books to produce as movies. I’m sure you’re all familiar with the LifeTime and Hallmark channels, which acquire quite a few Love Inspired books. Harlequin has also recently launched its own production company, and we’re all excited to see how that works out. In the meantime, if you know anyone in the film industry, feel free to give them a copy of my book.
Any questions you’d like me to answer here on the blog? Feel free to post them in the comment section. If I choose your question to highlight on a blog, I’ll send you an autographed book.
Announcements for this week
- Amish Christmas Matchmaker is still available through on-line outlets if you missed it in stores.
- I have quite a few hand knitted/crocheted items in my VC Boutique Store. You receive a free book with every order, and shipping is always free. Check it out here.
- Dead Wrong releases in 2 weeks on November 5th. Many of you have written me and asked for another Amish cozy mystery, so I hope you’ll order a copy. In fact, order 2–they would make a great Christmas gift!