Pop-UP Projects

Christian authors, Christian fiction, The Writing Life Comments: 23

As I writer, I keep a pretty detailed calendar. Some of things I need to keep an eye on are:

• Project due dates
  • Book release dates
  • Book signings and book talks
  • Family vacations (that one is super important)

I try to be realistic about my schedule. After all, we each only get 24 hours a day and some of that really does need to be spent sleeping. I’m a real believer in calendars. “Stick to the calendar,” I say as I stumble toward my desk with a cup of coffee. But one fun thing about being a writer is that sometimes you have Pop-UP Projects–an opportunity that you didn’t expect, and when it comes along you really want to do it. Summer of Suspense is just that kind of project.

Enjoy the best of Christian suspense in this sixteen book anthology by some of Christian fiction’s most popular mystery and suspense authors. Stories of suspense by Mary Alford, Christy Barritt, Patricia Bradley, Vannetta Chapman, Mary Ellis, Rachel J Good, Debby Giusti, Ruth Hartzler, Shaen Layle, Ruth Logan Herne, Loree Lough, Elizabeth Ludwig, Nancy Mehl, Serena Miller, Samantha Price, and Alana Terry. All for just 99 cents.

Summer of Suspense is now available for preorder in the Apple store or at B&N.

This anthology collection will release on August 6th, and yes it will only be available in ebook. But think about it. Sixteen stories? By my calculation that will be 800 pages, at least. So it would be a really big, really heavy book to carry around. After the release week, the book price will be $9.99, so don’t miss out on this amazing read for just 99 cents. I’ll share the Amazon link when it’s available.

I plan on writing an Amish story, and I have the opening scene in my mind (sorry, can’t tell ya). I haven’t decided on my location yet. I’d love to hear from you on this. Where would you like this story to be set? And if you have no opinion, just let me know whether or not you enjoy clean suspense stories.  Leave a comment below, and we’ll pull one winner to receive a $10 Amazon gift certificate (delivered via email). Last week’s winner was Joan E. (Joan, you’ll receive an email from my assistant today or tomorrow.)

VC

Announcements for this week:

• I”m participating in a huge winter giveaway of 35 books, including A Widow’s Hope. Details here.
  • There have been some crazy sales in ebooks these days. This morning Material Witness was on sale for 99c, so check your local vendor for deals. (Amazon)
  • Visit my VC Boutique Store and you’ll see some new spring items. Also, my February special is my entire Remnant series for just $14. That’s 3 books for $14 (shipping is always free). I hope you’ll check it out!
  • Are you signed up for my newsletter? Some fun announcements are coming in March, so be sure and sign up.

23 thoughts on “Pop-UP Projects

1. Debra Bearden

I only read clean books and I prefer them to be Christian. I love Amish, historical and some suspense. Suspense made me a little nervous, even though I know all will end well. No, I am not one to read the ending first. I love to savor the end as all comes together.

2. Diana Foust

Clean suspense stories are great. Shipshewana or Middlebury would be a nice setting, but that is just because I am familiar with that area. It isn’t critical. Looking forward to Amazon info.

3. Melanie Kinnaman

I love clean, suspense stories. There is so much out there that isn’t worth the time (and I have limited time, since I have two sons under the age of 2 1/2!) so I don’t want to waste time trying to find authors who I don’t enjoy or who aren’t clean. So this compilation is exactly the sort of thing I love to come across! Thanks for sharing it!

Hi Melanie. Yeah. I’m glad you’re looking forward to it, and I understand about limited time. Remember to rest!

4. Maureen Phillips

I only read clean suspense stories, so I am looking forward to the anthology.
    I would love to see your next novel take place in the Amish area of Arthur Illinois.

Thanks, Maureen. You know…someone has mentioned Illinois to me before. I need to check into that. My dad was born in Illinois, so I’m doubly interested.

5. Debbie Earls

I do enjoy a good, clean suspense/mystery book. I love all the Amish books, too. I think that Holmes County would be a good setting. There are many Amish towns in that area. Thank you for writing your awesome books. I really enjoy reading them. Looking forward to the new collection when it is available to purchase on Amazon.

Hi Debbie. Oh, I love Holmes County. Shelly Shephard Gray has taken me for a visit in the Amish community of Holmes County. Lovely area. It’ll be available on Amazon the week of its release, and it will have the special 99c price that week. Thanks for asking!

6. Jennie

That’s so exciting 800 pages! I like clean Christian books. Amish are my favorite books to read. I think it would be interesting if it was in a new setting, family marking a district in a place that has no Amish settlements. Like Washington, Idaho, Oregon. Thanks for all the hours of enjoyment in reading your book.

1. Terri Schmidt

I love clean suspense, the more suspense, the better. I live in northern MD, 2 miles from the PA state line, and see many Amish in York Co. and especially Lancaster County, so I always enjoy books set in those locations. But, I live in a small farming town in Harford County in MD that’s a beautiful location with lots of hills, creeks, and the Chesapeake Bay, and would be a wonderful place to set one of your novels.

You ARE in the heart of Amish country, Terri. Your area sounds awesome, especially the Chesapeake Bay part. 🙂 Since I’m in the middle of Texas I like anyplace with the word BAY in it.

Right? That’s a big book. lol. As for new Amish settlements, I’m writing a mystery set in a fictional town in the Texas Hill Country. It’s going to be a real hoot. I like the states you mention also. That would be fun!