I’m so happy to announce that A Widow’s Hope is now available in stores! (The ebook will release next Wednesday, August 1st). This is my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book, so I thought I’d tell you a few of the things I’ve learned about H/LI since I began writing for them.
- Love Inspired is the Christian division of Harlequin books. They release books “strongly rooted in traditional Christian and moral values.”
- In 2014, Harlequin books was purchased by Newscorp and is now a division of Harper Collins (If you’ve read my early Amish mysteries or my novellas, they are published by Harper Collins Christian Publishing).
- Harlequin publishes a LOT of books. In 2002 alone they published more than half of all romances released in North America.
- Harlequin books appear in stores for only one month. You can find them at Walmart, grocery stores, books stores, and your local Christian book stores. After 30 days they are pulled from the shelves and can be purchased on-line in ebook or print format.
- Harlequin has an ebook club and a print book club, where you can subscribe to receive a set number of releases per month.
- Harlequin suspense books are often made into LifeTime movies and Harlequin romance books are often made into Hallmark Channel movies
- Harlequin always releases the print books on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, then the ebook is released on the 1st of the following month.
I’m excited to be writing for this publisher. I hope that you’ll check out my newest release, and if you read and enjoy it please leave a review on Amazon or Goodreads. Goodreads’ reviews are pulled straight into the Harlequin webpage.
Comment below with where you purchase/borrow books from, and I’ll draw one winner to receive an earlier release from my book closet. Our winner from the last post was Roberta Jeffers. If your name is Roberta Jeffers, check your email. If you didn’t receive an email from me, it was a different Roberta. 🙂
Announcements for this week:
- I’ve added new items to my VCReader’s Boutique including autographed copies of my newest release with quilted bookmarks for only $7. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week.
- An Amish Table, A Perfect Square, and An Amish Cradle all made the ECPA bestseller list last month. Thank you for supporting Christian fiction.
- The repackaged edition of Material Witness released July 10th.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes some cool author swag. Click here and scan down for details.