Have you ever felt like you needed a little bit of a rest? I imagine we all feel that way from time to time. Last week I turned book #31 into my editor…that’s 31 books since 2010. Whew! My brain felt a little frazzled. So I’ve decided to take a time of rest. It’s like a giant present I’ve given to myself…a few weeks to take a deep breath and allow my body, mind, and soul to rest.
Of course I have all these things I want to do:
- Quilt (see my block of the month? What fun!)
- Read, read, read
- Take more walks (when the temp drops below 100)
- Spend time with my friends and family
Ours is a pretty fast-paced world. I almost feel guilty for taking a little time off. But guilt isn’t what I hear in my heart–what I hear is Rest…it’s okay to take time to rest. In Exodus God said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” In Mark, Christ said, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place, and get some rest.” And one of my favorite verses from the book of Matthew, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Comment below with one of your favorite ways to rest, and I’ll draw one winner to receive my latest release. Our winner from the last post was Gloria.
Announcements for this week:
- VC Reader’s Boutique is up and running. You can purchase autographed paperback books as well as handmade items to go along with the books. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Also use SUMMER15 for a discount code anytime this week, and you’ll receive 15% off your entire order.
- An Amish Table, A Perfect Square, and An Amish Cradle all made the ECPA bestseller list this month. Thank you for supporting Christian fiction.
- The repackaged edition of Material Witness releases July 10th and Love Inspired should start shipping paperback copies A Widow’s Hope on July 17th (ebook available 8-1). You can preorder in all the normal places.