Sometimes people think that because you work at home, you’re not busy. Nothing could be farther from the truth! I’ve worked in offices, schools, and at home. It’s all fun, and it’s all hard work. But being an author is different from other jobs I’ve had. My average day looks something like this:
- 6:00 am: first bark from Phoebe the Labrador followed quickly by second bark from Cola the beagle
- 6:05: stumble out of bed and feed dogs, let out cats, stumble back to bed and try to get back to sleep
- 7:00 Give it up and fix a cup of coffee
- 7:15 Sit with Bob and talk about our day, the news, or simply watch the deer in the yard. He calls me his “coffee mate” and this is our fav time of day.
- 8:00 Walk dogs
- 8:30 Eat breakfast
- 9:00 Write in gratitude journal, check email and update social media
- 10:00 Take a break to do laundry, feed birds, play ball with dog
- 10:15 Start editing the pages I’ve written the previous day
- 12:15 Lunch break (more dog stuff), chat with Bob, check Twitter or Facebook, read from Bible or other book
- 1:00 Write new pages (I try to write 2,000 words a day, which is about 5 pages)
- 2:30 Go to the gym for an hour
- 3:30 Finish writing those pages
- 4:30 email check and social media, take care of outgoing mail, accounting, pay bills, etc.
- 5:30 make dinner
- 6:30 sneak to the hammock or office and read while Bob does dishes
- 7:30 walk dogs (earlier in the winter)
- 8:00 watch tv together or read, crochet
- 10:30 bedtime
This changes up a bit if I’m editing a book or if I’m travelling, but basically this is what I do every day! And I try very hard to always take Sundays off from work. In fact, I really like taking Saturday off for play time and Sunday off for rest and worship. Makes for a happier writer.
Now how about you? Tell me something about your daily schedule. I draw one winner from each post’s comment section. If your name is drawn, I’ll send you a paperback book of my choice from my supply closet. If it’s one you already have, you can donate the unsigned copy to your local library or a friend. Last post we had two winners–Lori S. and Debbi E.
Announcements for this week:
- Giveaway. My new Rafflecopter giveaway is live, and includes a crocheted lap blanket I made. Check my webpage for details.
- On Sale for a limited time: You can purchase the entire Remnant Series for $7.57 Available everywhere ebooks are sold, but best prices are on Amazon. Books 2 and 3 are only $1.59 each.
- My newest releases, Roswell’s Secret will be a featured Kindle Countdown Deal this week. The price will be 99 cents Jan 25-27, $1.99 Jan 27-29 and $2.99 Jan 29-31. After that the price will return to $3.99 (always free if you participate in Kindle Unlimited). Details here.