Happy New Year

Amish fiction, inspiration Comments: 11

images-72014, Happy New Year

I love new years. I love new calendars too. I look at all those days, and they’re not crowded with “stuff” yet. The year seems full of promise and good things.

How about resolutions? My husband’s resolution is the same every year–he resolves not to have a resolution. On the other hand, I have my tablet out and make a whole list of them! I also have a lot of fun things to share with you in 2014, and I can’t wait to tell you about them all.

If you’ve had a new year’s resolution that has worked particularly well, share it with us. There is no telling who you might encourage.

11 thoughts on “Happy New Year

1. Geri Kelley

I agree with your husband on this one I never have liked New Years resolutions but I am striving to change my life and be healthier hope you have an awesome New Year ๐Ÿ™‚

Geri Kelley

I too am with your husband on this one. I never make resolutions. However, I am working on changes in myself. I am determined this will be a year that others will see a difference in me. My word for this year is, Unspeakable.

3. Vera Godley

I don’t “do” New Years resolutions, either. However, having had a couple of wake up moments late in 2013, I am trusting I will have the forethought and will to pay attention to my body and take care of it. To also find a way to get in some exercise that is beneficial to my “refurbished heart” – I realize that rocking in the recliner doesn’t count as beneficial exercise. The rocking recliner is for rest and reading. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Patti

Happy New Year Vannetta to you and yours. My only one is to hopefully
    have more patience with certain ones I tend to not have it with. I also
    hope we all have a Healthy New Year not just Happy. God bless, Patti
    in VA

I agree with your husband. I do not do resolutions. I am trying to do better with my health this year. I am also trying to learn to lean on the Lord more but those are ongoing things. Have a great New Year!

6. ldychipmunk

My new years resolution that works best is to do it month by month. January, Make eye appointment for vision, Read a chapter a day in proverbs, only 31 chapters, but by breaking down each month works great. Sure by April I am off, but better one that worked last year was make a new friend each month. Now with Facebook, do not have to drive there. I have made an appointment to check on someone for a full month. Thus keeps me from being lonely, and gives me a purpose. Loved reading your books last year. Now to friendship.