Mid-week Inspiration, Peace Prayer
I visited the northeast last week with my husband and sister and brother-in-law. It was a wonderful chance to see areas
we’d never seen before. One of my favorite parts of the trip was visiting the old, historic churches.
These pictures are of the Old First Church in Vermont, where Robert Frost is buried. (I’ll do another post on him soon.) But we also visited The Old North Church in Boston, and there I purchased a Saint Francis of Assisi pendant. In the package was a copy of this poem.
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
- Where there is injury, pardon;
- Where there is error, the truth;
- Where there is doubt, the faith;
- Where there is despair, hope;
- Where there is darkness, light;
- And where there is sadness, joy.
- O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled, as to console;
- To be understood, as to understand;
- To be loved as to love.
- For it is in giving that we receive;
- It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
- And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Blessings to each of you this week,