Spiritual Gifts

Amish view, inspiration Comments: 16

yarn binsMid-week Inspiration, Spiritual Gifts

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

1 Corinthians 12:4-6

I love to crochet. I’m not a GREAT crochet-er. For years I could only do rectangles. My husband would ask what I was making, and each time I’d say, “A scarf. It’s a rectangle!!!” Finally my sister convinced me I could read a pattern, and now I can do hats and prayer shawls. I haven’t worked my way up to sweaters yet. lol

Fall is usually the time I pull out the yarn and start back into my crochet mode. Mostly I make things to give away. But not everyone is a “crafter.” According to the verse above, THAT’S OKAY. There’s still ways we can bless one another.

Part of what we love about Amish fiction is this habit of caring for one another. In my upcoming release, The Christmas Quilt, Annie is making a quilt for her new niece or nephew. But this simple gift becomes far more important than Annie could have imagined. God uses it in ways she can’t foresee.

So how have you blessed someone recently? Or how has someone blessed you?

16 thoughts on “Spiritual Gifts

I have not been a blessing lately to anyone that I know of but I have been blessed lately. Every day I am blessed by what God does for me. In little ways every day He shows me He cares. From finding a spot close to the store when I am tired to my youngest taking a unscheduled nap when she has been a handful that day, He lets me know that He knows what I need when I need it.

2. Ramona Dahl

Well, I have been blessed and blessed others. Cards and well wishes are pouring in because of my illness, but I am able to do things for others still. I made a cake for my teen’s friend at school. I made chocolate chip cookies for the radiology team and sent a heartfelt note of thanks. I gave away my tickets to Schlitterbahn before they expired.

Then I was accused of being honest in a situation in which the person thought no one else would have done what I did…basically telling the person the pants I was looking at a garage sale had money in the pocket. It was a twenty.

May God’s blessings pour out on all of you. It is a great life!

3. Kate

During the long days and weeks my husband was in ICU, I sat vigil by his bedside and crocheted baby blankets. It was mindless, it kept my hands busy and I prayed. By the time he came home, I had 27 blankets and newborn hats competed which I donated to the Mothers Home. And it blessed all of us.

I like to send out cards to those who are ill, discouraged, and hurting. I would like to think that I through God have Blessed them. I know that I have heard that my cards have lifted their spirits. God can use us in all things however big or small.

5. Lora Dietrich

I have been blessed by taking over the nursery, so far we only have 3 babies, but oh how I love to get in the floor and play with them or just snuggle with them..It is uch a blessing as my grandchildren are in other states and I dn’t get to be with them as much as I would like.

1. pbrayburn

I have been blessed by the ladis in my bible study group. I feel very comfortable with them and can open up without fear of judgement. We are having a powerful study on the of of Gideon,turning your weaknesses into strengths

6. Jean Junkin

My daughter’s best friend was expecting a baby. All the uptrasounds said it was a little boy. So I made her a hooded sweater and matching blanket in blue for the baby. Her water broke at home, and her husband took her to the hospital. By the time they got to the hospital, there was no heart beat. She had to go into labor and deliver a still born baby girl which she named Jessica. I told Lori, I would keep the sweater and blanket. Lori said no, if I wouldn’t mind, the sweater and blanket were made for her baby. And, even though it was a little girl, she wanted to bury her with the sweater on and wrapped in the blanket. To this day, Lori comments about the sweater and blanket. I was happy to give her a little bit of happiness at such a bad time.

7. Cheri Howard

Last winter my niece was going through chemo and when we went every three weeks, I took chemo caps I crocheted during the three weeks. They were always gone when I got there to re-supply until spring came and they were no longer needed.

1. Donita Corman

I’m blessed each time I walk into a school to sub and the little kids are hugging me because they are glad to see me.They often tell me they love me and that so blesses my heart. I hope I’m a blessing to them