Fiction Spotlight, Cats and Dogs

fiction spotlight, inspiration Comments: 15

Mid-week Inspiration: Fiction Spotlightdog

I haven’t done a fiction spotlight in quite some time. I read a lot, and I enjoy passing on little gems that I find. Jim Kraus definitely has written 2 wonderful books.

This book was absolutely a joy to read. I wasn’t sure I’d like a book where a dog talked to God, but Jim handles this so well that I was pulled right along into the story. It was very uplifting and I wanted to stop what I was doing during the day so I could read it! Click on the photo for a link to Amazon if you’re interested in purchasing it. My stepson, who is a vet, recommended this book – and he was spot on!

cat

When I finished, I immediately bought his next book. Since I have cats, I was very interested. We have grand-dogs, who visit. But our cats rule our lives it would seem. Again, Jim did a wonderful job on this book. He has a real knack for describing the way our pets act, and also giving them a child-like connection to God. There’s also a link if you click on this picture.

I hope that if you haven’t tried either of these, you will at least give the free sample available on Amazon a try. I think that you will be very glad you did.

15 thoughts on “Fiction Spotlight, Cats and Dogs

1. Nancee Marchinowski

Vannetta, didn’t you just love “The Cat That God Sent?” We cat lovers can relate to how our cats converse with us. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and thought it was really well done. Back to petting my granddaughters kitty!

Vannetta, thank you for spotlighting these books. I definitely will be looking into them. I am a dog lover but willing to read The Cat That God Sent!

3. Martha Franks

I’m so glad you posted this, Vannetta! I have been praying for a good birthday gift for my daughter who loves dogs and volunteers at a rescue shelter. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the answer, or at least part of the answer to my my prayer. Thank you and God bless you. You have made my life better through your postings, blogs and books.

4. jimkraus482040537

Vannetta,
    Thanks so much for mentioning these two quirkly little books.
    We have both a dog and cat at home (named Rufus and Petey–what are the odds) and I hope that I managed to convey some of their inherent wisdom.
    They are wonderful creatures–and a joy to share our lives with.
    Thanks again,
    Jim Kraus

5. debbie mosley

i think i entered on the wrong contest.i love cats and dogs but cats are my favorite i have 3 fur babies

6. sandy hardy

I just love these books and would love the privileged of receiving a very special one. May God bless you and help you as you write that He might be glorified through your writings.

We have two wonderful little pooches. I am going to go to Amazon and check oh these books. Thanks for telling us about them.

I cannot wait to read these! My animals give me the strangest looks when I talk them. I like to make up what they are saying LOL!!