I hope you’ve enjoyed our street team highlights this year. Today I want to introduce you to Gail H.
Gail H., 2015 Street Team member
1. What is one food item you cannot live without on Thanksgiving? I’m not a traditional Thanksgiving Gal. We are actually camping this week. I love most food and have even had Thanksgiving on another day. But I do love turkey.
2. What are the top 3 things you are thankful for? I’m thankful for my salvation, my family and after having had cancer, I’m thankful for each day the Lord allows me to wake up.
3. Do you prefer ham or turkey? Turkey!
4. Have you started Christmas shopping? I start shopping in January and when I see something on sale I think someone on my list would like I buy it. This year I’ve crocheted a few of my gifts and am working on some more.
Gail has been a wonderful addition to our team. In our last newsletter, we put out a call for folks interested in being on the team in 2016, and we received over 100 responses. You all are awesome! We’ll be choosing 12 street team members for 2016. Of course, anyone can support my writing journey by reading my books and leaving reviews! Thank you for all you do.
I have two more street team members to introduce you to. I hope you’re enjoying getting to know the folks who help me to promote my books. Continue reading
This week I’m attending the ACFW Writers’ Conference. I’ll share about that on next Saturday’s post, and hopefully I will have some fun pictures. In the meantime, today I wanted to share with you two more street team members. Continue reading
Happy August. Many of you are headed back to school–teachers, administrators, aides, office workers, maintenance folks. As a retired teacher, I want you to know that we appreciate you! If you’re not headed back to school, but you know someone who is, tell them THANK YOU.
Now to introduce you to 2 more of my street team members. Also at the end of this blog is an audio book give-away, so please read to the bottom!
- Which one: Ice cream or cake? tough decision, but it has to be ICE CREAM!!!!
- What is your favorite scripture verse? Be strong and courageous, Have no Fear and do not be troubled, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. JOSHUA 1:9. I remind myself when I’m feeling anxious or afraid.
- Which would you prefer? A European vacation or a relaxing Caribbean vacation? My dream is to visit IRELAND!! I want to see the rolling green hills and the quaint villages and pubs; and perhaps a leprechaun or two. That is a goal to work towards.
- Would you rather have no internet or no cell phone? I would definitely go without internet, as I need my phone in case my family needs me at any time, or if I just feel the need to chat with one of my children or grandchildren.
- Which one: Ice cream or cake? Ice Cream
- What is your favorite scripture verse? Psalms 121: 1-2
- Which would you prefer? A European vacation or a relaxing Caribbean vacation? European Vacation
- Would you rather have no internet or no cell phone? No Internet
Now for our give-away! A Simple Amish Christmas has released in audio format, and I have some free codes to give away. This was my very first book. It released in 2010 and is still one of my bestsellers. It’s guaranteed to cool you off while you listen! I will give away one copy for every 25 comments I receive – please share this blog with a friend, on email, twitter (click button below), or Facebook, then leave a comment that you did so. You’ll be entered to win!
I wanted to introduce you to 2 more of my street team members. This year we have 20 members, which is a lot of folks for me to keep in books – but I am LOVING it. Also at the end of this blog is a give-away, so please read to the bottom!
- Hamburger or hotdog?
Definitely Hamburgers, with all the “stuff” that goes on them. Unfortunately, no cheese for me anymore as dairy gives me major sinus issues. Boy I miss ice cream!
- Beach or theme park? Theme Park, going to Disneyland in a week with the grands!
- Favorite hobby? Genealogy, finding my past and lots of Germans and Polish peoples’ past history. So interesting!
- Someone you look up to, and why: My mom, she has been through so much in her earlier years and survived some difficult times during WWII and now is struggling to be a caretaker for my father who has some serious health problems. Even at her age, she is very devoted to her family and would do anything for them.
I’m excited to introduce to you two more of my Street Team members. If you’re unfamiliar with the term, a street team is someone who supports an artist by reading and reviewing books, sharing bookmarks, and praying for an author. My street team is fabulous! If you’re interested in being a Continue reading
Before I introduce our May Street Team members, let’s talk crafts. Did you finish your May UFO? I’ve pinned mine to my 2015 UFO Challenge Board. Our number for June is #6. You can check out last month’s UFO post here.
Now to our street team members.
Pat and her daughter!
- Favorite color. Blue and green
- Vacation location. There are many places I’d like to visit, in the U.S., but the trip of a lifetime would be to tour Europe.
- Pizza or burgers. Pizza!
- Where do you read? In my recliner with a cat on my lap!
I wanted to introduce our April Street Team members to you. We have 19 members this year, and my plan is to highlight 2 each month. I hope you’re enjoying getting to know the people who help promote my books. If being on a street team is something you think you would enjoy, be sure and sign up for my newsletter in the top right box. We’ll send out a call for new members in November.
- Where were you born? I was born in Gary, Indiana but my parents are from Puerto Rico. I still live in Indiana, near Shipshewana and MIddlebury.
- Mac or PC? Mac
- If you were to describe your personality in just a few words, what would they be? Loyal, sincere, caring
- Where’s your favorite vacation spot? Puerto Rico. For me, vacation is where I get away to spend time with family. The fact that my daughter, grandson, and a lot of my family live there is a huge factor that drives me to go there as often as is possible. I also love the ocean, hills, mountains, rainforest, the sound of the ocean breeze in the leaves of the palm trees, the sound of the “coqui”, and I love the food.
- What’s your “go-to” staple in the kitchen? Sofrito. It’s used for flavoring almost every puertorican dish. It’s made with cilantro, garlic, onions, cubanelle peppers, aji dulce (look like habaneros except that they are sweet, not hot), and culantro ( kind of in the cilantro family but has a different taste and look).
Yup. I’m a little behind, as I’m just sharing my March street team members, and yes it is April. Better late than … well, you know. If you’re interested in being on the 2016 street team, be sure you are signed up for my newsletter (box on the right). We’ll put out a call for new members in November/December.
Now for some details about our March members!
Sissy and Peepers
Sandra was sweet enough to answer the following questions:
- What is your home state? I live in Florida but I am from Nebraska
- Burgers or Pizza? Pizza
- Are you Spring, Summer, Winter or Fall? Fall
What’s your favorite sport? Football
What always makes you laugh? Big Bang Theory and my husband
Angel also answered our questions!
This week I wanted to introduce you to another Street Team member. You can see my previous street team post here. If you’re interested in being on the 2016 street team, be sure you are signed up for my newsletter (box on the right). We’ll put out a call for new members in November/December.
Now for some details about Liz!
- What it is about reading that you love so much? I have always loved to read a good book . I love reading books because they carry me to different places to which I have never been . Through Vannetta Chapman’s books I have met and learned a lot about The Amish and their ways. Which I have never met in person and hope to someday . . I also love all my friends that I have made while reading .
- What is your favorite passage or scripture in the Bible? Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- What is your best personal characteristic? I would hope that I am a good friend to all my friends and hope they know they can come to me if they need to talk or just need someone to listen to them .
- What is one thing that you constantly think about (other than material things)? God and my Family. I always want to do what God would have me to do. I want to be a good wife , mother , and grandmother .
- If you could meet any character of one of V’s books, who would it be and why? Hannah Troyer. I love the way she works with her English friend Amber to solve the mysteries. If she is a friend of yours or not , she does not stop till she solves the mystery. She seems so friendly and easy to like. A friend to all.