Have you ever had the thought that you’d like this Christmas to be a better holiday? You know–none of the drama or exhaustion or credit card bills? I know exactly what you mean. So today I thought I’d share my top 7 ways to have a better holiday.
- Rest. If you’re tired, take a 20 minute nap. If you didn’t sleep well the night before, go to bed early. Especially during the holidays, it’s important to get the amount of sleep you need.
- Eat. Too often we grab a granola bar or worse yet, fast food. Take the time to eat right during the holidays and ease up on the sweets–a cookie or two is okay. A dozen will probably make you feel bad.
- Relax. Remember to breath and relax. Worried about whether you bought the right gift? Don’t. Frustrated when dinner isn’t perfect? It’s okay. Take a few deep breaths and relax.
- Laugh. The holidays really do produce a lot of tension. Watch a cartoon. Pick up a funny book. Check out a Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund video.
- Take a walk. Even if it’s only a short walk around the block, a walk can help to put things in perspective.
- Give someone a break. Don’t honk at that car that is slow. Smile at the waitress even if she messes up your order. Give family members a pass if they’re late for dinner or forget to call. We’re all dealing with a lot of stuff during the holiday season, so give someone a break.
- Read the Christmas story. Want to get back in touch with the real meaning of Christmas? Try reading about Christ’s birth. You can find it in Luke 1:26-38, or you can read it on-line here.
What about it? Do you have a tip for a better holiday? If so, please leave a comment. I draw one winner from each post’s comment section. If your name is drawn, I’ll send you an autographed paperback book of my choice from my supply closet. If it’s one you already have, you can donate the unsigned copy to your local library or a friend. Our last winner was Deb S.
Announcements for this week:
- NEW RELEASES. Coyote’s Revenge and Roswell’s Secret are two new clean romantic suspense novels–available now in print and ebook in the Kindle store. Details here.
- Giveaway. I’ll have my new Rafflecopter up within the next week. I’m planning some fun things to give away in 2018. Check back at my webpage for details.
- Pinterest Fun. Join my 2018 Reader Challenge on Pinterest. All you have to do is pin a picture to my board of yourself reading a VC book. Email Kristy Kremer (at) gmail (dot) com to be added to the board so you can post!
World events have a way of darkening our outlook on life. Such tragedy and pain and hopelessness. But it occurs to me that as Christians we represent the opposite of those things. We stand for victory and healing and hope. So I thought this week I’d take a moment to share some of the verses that help me during dark times.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. ~Luke 6:38
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. ~Colossians 3:15
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. ~Psalm 56:3
Want more verses about dealing with fear and anxiety? There’s a good list here. Especially during dark times, we need to encourage and lift up one another. So how about it? What verse would you like to share? Leave a comment with your fav verse or an encouraging comment and you’ll be entered to win one of my Pebble Creek stories. Our winner last week was Rory, and I’ve already sent her an email.
Announcements for this week:
- Hidden hit #1 in its categories last week. It’s still on sale for 99 cents in ebook format at Amazon and B&N.
- If you’re in the Dallas, TX area, I’ll be speaking at the Irving libraries Mysterious Ways Author Panel on Sunday afternoon. Details here.
- Deep Shadows is now available in print and ebook. **Amazon ** B&N ** CBD. And the price has stayed below $9 for most vendors, so get your copy today!
- The giveaway at Inkslinger’s Blog will last through 7-23. Leave a comment on the blog to be entered. Plus you can read about 24 hours in the life of a romance author. Who wouldn’t want to read that? It’s RIVETING.
- My JULY Rafflectoper giveaway is live. I’m so excited about giving away the wall hanging, which would look perfect in a child or grandchild’s room. Click here and scan down the page to enter.
Have you ever wondered how to live in grace? How to show God’s grace to your family, your co-workers, even yourself? How to accept and rest in His grace?
If you have, join us in 2016. There is a “sign up to receive blog notifications” box to the right. Simply type in your email address, and you’ll receive the blog once a week. If you’re already signed up, share this post with a friend. We could all do with a little more joy and peace in our lives in the coming year.
Each Friday we’ll explore a different way to color your life with the abundant grace of our Heavenly Father. 52 simple steps to a life of grace. I’m looking forward to seeing you here.