If you can’t brag on friends and family on your own blog, then where can you? So fair warning, I plan to do some bragging today.
This past Sunday, My church had a “The Church has left the building” event. It was, in a word, awesome. We even had t-shirts!
On 5th Sundays we have a joint service (contemporary worship and traditional worship at one time in one place). Then we had a big potluck lunch. And after that we broke up into groups.
- The choir went to the nursing home across the street and sang for the residents
- Another group went to our local mission and did some painting as well as work organizing donations
- I went with a group to a different nursing home in our town–we sang songs and played games with some of the residents. I was supposed to play the piano, but most of the keys on their piano didn’t work. No problem–we sang without it!
- The last group went on a prayer walk. They went door to door and offered to pray with residents.
I loved this event. In fact, I hope we do it every 5th Sunday. After all, what is the church for if not to leave the building and spread the love of Christ? You know I’m going to work this into a story somewhere–so be on the look out.
Comment below on what your church has done to help your community. Or maybe you’ve been the recipient of help from your church–I know I have! I can raise my hand and testify to that. I’ll choose one winner from our comments to receive an autographed book. Our last winner was Lorialex.
Announcements for this week:
- 5 of my Amish novels are on sale this month in ebook format for $1.99 or less. Purchase through Amazon or check your favorite retailer. Always confirm the price before purchasing.
- We’re having antoher sale in my VCReader’s Boutique. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Enter discount coupon Fall10percentoff for 10% off your entire order now through the end of the month.
- I’m going to Ireland, and I’d love for you to go with me. This trip is for writers, friends of writers, or readers who want to come and hang out with me and Amanda Flower. Details here.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes a beautiful fall-colored afghan made by my mom. Click here and scan down for details.
- Amish Christmas Memories, my next release, is now available for pre-order.
Have you ever had the thought that you’d like this Christmas to be a better holiday? You know–none of the drama or exhaustion or credit card bills? I know exactly what you Continue reading
World events have a way of darkening our outlook on life. Such tragedy and pain and hopelessness. But it occurs to me that as Christians we represent the opposite of those things. We stand for victory and healing and hope. So I thought this week I’d take a moment to share some of the verses that help me during dark times.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. ~Luke 6:38
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. ~Colossians 3:15
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. ~Psalm 56:3
Want more verses about dealing with fear and anxiety? There’s a good list here. Especially during dark times, we need to encourage and lift up one another. So how about it? What verse would you like to share? Leave a comment with your fav verse or an encouraging comment and you’ll be entered to win one of my Pebble Creek stories. Our winner last week was Rory, and I’ve already sent her an email.
Announcements for this week:
- Hidden hit #1 in its categories last week. It’s still on sale for 99 cents in ebook format at Amazon and B&N.
- If you’re in the Dallas, TX area, I’ll be speaking at the Irving libraries Mysterious Ways Author Panel on Sunday afternoon. Details here.
- Deep Shadows is now available in print and ebook. **Amazon ** B&N ** CBD. And the price has stayed below $9 for most vendors, so get your copy today!
- The giveaway at Inkslinger’s Blog will last through 7-23. Leave a comment on the blog to be entered. Plus you can read about 24 hours in the life of a romance author. Who wouldn’t want to read that? It’s RIVETING. 🙂
- My JULY Rafflectoper giveaway is live. I’m so excited about giving away the wall hanging, which would look perfect in a child or grandchild’s room. Click here and scan down the page to enter.
I wanted to take a moment to wish you a very happy, blessed Easter.
We are blessed. Aren’t we? To contemplate the Easter story is to realize once again all that Christ sacrificed for us, how deep and wide and timeless is the love of our Father, and the hope that we have in Him.
Blessings to each of you,
ps – If you’re participating in the UFO challenge, feel free to leave a comment about your March project. I’ll admit I didn’t finish mine, but I did get about 1/2 way through. For April we are to be working on project #8. Happy crafting!
New Years and Our Christian Walk
We’ve been talking about new year’s resolutions this month. We started with the UFO Challenge, then talked about Budgets and finally health resolutions. You can see all of those posts here.
Today I thought we’d talk about the most important resolutions of all — spiritual resolutions. Have you ever heard of such a Continue reading
Have you seen the Facebook Thanksgiving Challenge that’s going around? I think it’s an awesome thing. Folks are challenged to be grateful each day of November and post a short “status update” of thanksgiving each day.
Whether you’re doing this challenge or not . . .
Whether you use social media or not . . .
I’m going to challenge you to go beyond that. Years ago I took a writing course that was supposed to Continue reading
Mid-week Inspiration, I Am by David Crowder
Do you ever have a song get STUCK in your head?
We recently sang David Crowder’s “I Am” at our praise service. Oh my. What powerful lyrics. I’ve been singing it for weeks now, and I wanted to share with you.
If you are in the middle of a storm, my prayer is that you are able to “hold on to Him.”
Quilt made by a 90 year old woman
Mid-week Inspiration, Quilt Tulsa and Quilting Fun
This Friday and Saturday I will be attending Quilt Tulsa. The show runs both days from 10-5. Over 2,000 folks attended last year. There will be a Quilter’s Basket Walk, boutique, small quilt auction, education booth, and over 60 vendors. What fun! I will be selling copies of my books as Continue reading
Midweek Inspiration & God’s Provision
my front yard
Texas is in a severe drought. It seems to me that it has lasted for years and years. When you’re enduing something, it often seems that it goes back as far as your memory does.
This map pretty much says it all. Many lakes are nearly dry, the rivers have stopped flowing and Continue reading
Midweek Inspiration – Paul’s Words
We’ve been studying Paul in our Tuesday night Bible study. I thought I knew quite a bit about Paul, but I sure have learned a lot more. Did you know that Paul wrote 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament? Wow! Of course, many of those books are Continue reading