If you can’t brag on friends and family on your own blog, then where can you? So fair warning, I plan to do some bragging today.
This past Sunday, My church had a “The Church has left the building” event. It was, in a word, awesome. We even had t-shirts!
On 5th Sundays we have a joint service (contemporary worship and traditional worship at one time in one place). Then we had a big potluck lunch. And after that we broke up into groups.
- The choir went to the nursing home across the street and sang for the residents
- Another group went to our local mission and did some painting as well as work organizing donations
- I went with a group to a different nursing home in our town–we sang songs and played games with some of the residents. I was supposed to play the piano, but most of the keys on their piano didn’t work. No problem–we sang without it!
- The last group went on a prayer walk. They went door to door and offered to pray with residents.
I loved this event. In fact, I hope we do it every 5th Sunday. After all, what is the church for if not to leave the building and spread the love of Christ? You know I’m going to work this into a story somewhere–so be on the look out.
Comment below on what your church has done to help your community. Or maybe you’ve been the recipient of help from your church–I know I have! I can raise my hand and testify to that. I’ll choose one winner from our comments to receive an autographed book. Our last winner was Lorialex.
Announcements for this week:
- 5 of my Amish novels are on sale this month in ebook format for $1.99 or less. Purchase through Amazon or check your favorite retailer. Always confirm the price before purchasing.
- We’re having antoher sale in my VCReader’s Boutique. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Enter discount coupon Fall10percentoff for 10% off your entire order now through the end of the month.
- I’m going to Ireland, and I’d love for you to go with me. This trip is for writers, friends of writers, or readers who want to come and hang out with me and Amanda Flower. Details here.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes a beautiful fall-colored afghan made by my mom. Click here and scan down for details.
- Amish Christmas Memories, my next release, is now available for pre-order.
Some of you may have seen my announcement on Facebook that I’ve signed a contract with Harlequin/Love Inspired for 6 additional books in my Indiana Amish Brides series. I’m beyond excited and grateful. So today, I thought I’d share with you a peek into what’s Coming Soon …
The following are all working titles and subject to change!
- Book 3 – Amish Matchmaker
- Book 4 – Her Amish Cowboy
- Book 5 – His Second Chance
- Book 6 – For Richer or Poorer
- Book 7 – Her Secret Child
- Book 8 – Amish Blessings
- Book 9 – Trouble Times Two
All are Amish romances that focus on faith, family, and God’s grace in our lives. They’ll release over the next 4 years. I want to thank each of you. The fact that you read quality Christian fiction helps publishers choose to promote that type of fiction. We couldn’t do it without you!
Comment below with the first Amish book you remember reading, and I’ll draw one winner to receive an earlier release from my book closet. Our winner from the last post was Pamela Bain, who I’ve already been in contact with. (If your name is Pamela and you didn’t receive an email from me, it was a different Pamela.)
Announcements for this week:
- We’re having a sale in my VCReader’s Boutique including autographed copies of my newest release with quilted bookmarks for only $7. Click here to browse my items and remember that I add new items several times a week. Enter discount coupon Back2School20 for 20% off your entire order now through the end of the month.
- Three of my Amish mysteries are on sale this month in ebook format for $1.99 – A Perfect Square, Murder Simply Brewed and Murder Freshly Baked.
- I have a new rafflectoper giveaway going which includes 6 autographed books and a book bag. Click here and scan down for details.
I’m so happy to announce that A Widow’s Hope is now available in stores! (The ebook will release next Wednesday, August 1st). This is my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book, so I thought I’d tell you Continue reading
Have you ever felt like you needed a little bit of a rest? I imagine we all feel that way from time to time. Last week I turned book #31 into my editor…that’s 31 books since 2010. Whew! My brain felt a little frazzled. So I’ve decided to Continue reading
It’s here! The dog days of summer … or is it “dog daze.” Regardless, it feels like we’re melting in the south. So I thought I’d do a blog on how the Amish survive summer because as Continue reading
Last week I had the fun, fun experience of speaking at the Willard Public Library in Battle Creek, MI. I had an awesome time! My talk was titled, “Today’s Amish–Fact vs Fiction.” I love that subject.
It’s not that I’m an expert on the Amish, but I have met a few, and I can count a few as friends which I feel very fortunate about. As an author, it’s been awesome to travel to different Amish communities and see how they live, how they Continue reading
I‘m so happy to share with you the cover of my first Harlequin/Love Inspired book. Isn’t it beautiful?
And here’s the back cover blurb:
His scars are visible.
Hers are hidden…
An Indiana Amish Brides match
After tragedy claimed her husband’s life and her son’s ability to walk, Hannah King doesn’t want a new man. She has her family, a home and mounting debts. Scarred Amish bachelor Jacob Schrock offers Hannah the job she desperately needs. But while Hannah helps Jacob resolve his accounting issues, can she and her little boy also heal his wounded heart?
This week I wanted to share with you pictures from the Amish community in Monte Vista, Colorado. If you’re receiving this blog in your email box, you might need to click on the link in order for the photographs to show. Who the Bishop Knows, the last of my novels set in Monte Vista, officially released on March 6, and I’m so pleased at the response. Thank you to everyone who Continue reading
Who the Bishop Knows will officially release on March 6, so today I thought I’d share with you what happens when a book releases. There was a time when a book release meant a flurry of signings at bookstores and possibly a book tour. Times have changed though, and in our virtually oriented world, book releases look Continue reading
Leo watches over me as I write.
Sometimes people think that because you work at home, you’re not busy. Nothing could be farther from the truth! I’ve worked in offices, schools, and at home. It’s all fun, and it’s all hard work. But being an author is different from Continue reading