Have you ever had the thought that you’d like this Christmas to be a better holiday? You know–none of the drama or exhaustion or credit card bills? I know exactly what you mean. So today I thought I’d share my top 7 ways to have a better holiday.
- Rest. If you’re tired, take a 20 minute nap. If you didn’t sleep well the night before, go to bed early. Especially during the holidays, it’s important to get the amount of sleep you need.
- Eat. Too often we grab a granola bar or worse yet, fast food. Take the time to eat right during the holidays and ease up on the sweets–a cookie or two is okay. A dozen will probably make you feel bad.
- Relax. Remember to breath and relax. Worried about whether you bought the right gift? Don’t. Frustrated when dinner isn’t perfect? It’s okay. Take a few deep breaths and relax.
- Laugh. The holidays really do produce a lot of tension. Watch a cartoon. Pick up a funny book. Check out a Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund video.
- Take a walk. Even if it’s only a short walk around the block, a walk can help to put things in perspective.
- Give someone a break. Don’t honk at that car that is slow. Smile at the waitress even if she messes up your order. Give family members a pass if they’re late for dinner or forget to call. We’re all dealing with a lot of stuff during the holiday season, so give someone a break.
- Read the Christmas story. Want to get back in touch with the real meaning of Christmas? Try reading about Christ’s birth. You can find it in Luke 1:26-38, or you can read it on-line here.
What about it? Do you have a tip for a better holiday? If so, please leave a comment. I draw one winner from each post’s comment section. If your name is drawn, I’ll send you an autographed paperback book of my choice from my supply closet. If it’s one you already have, you can donate the unsigned copy to your local library or a friend. Our last winner was Deb S.
Announcements for this week:
- NEW RELEASES. Coyote’s Revenge and Roswell’s Secret are two new clean romantic suspense novels–available now in print and ebook in the Kindle store. Details here.
- Giveaway. I’ll have my new Rafflecopter up within the next week. I’m planning some fun things to give away in 2018. Check back at my webpage for details.
- Pinterest Fun. Join my 2018 Reader Challenge on Pinterest. All you have to do is pin a picture to my board of yourself reading a VC book. Email Kristy Kremer (at) gmail (dot) com to be added to the board so you can post!