Most writers have a tag line. It’s something we put on our website, our business cards, our social media pages…anywhere we can fit it. It’s something that is supposed to describe not just our writing, but our mission as a writer.
My tag line is “Fiction Full of Grace.” Today I thought I’d share what I mean by that.
When I first started writing I was writing romantic suspense. Then my agent asked me to write an Amish romance. Then Harper Collins Christian Publishing asked me to write an Amish mystery. Then Harvest House asked me “if you could write anything, what would it be,” and I submitted The Remnant series which is dystopian.
I’ve also written some contemporary romances, a young adult book, and a western. Those haven’t been published yet, but I plan to publish them independently to supplement what I will be writing for Harlequin/Love Inspired (Amish romances which will begin releasing next year).
What do all of those different genres have in common? What is the one thread running through my stories? I thought about that a long time. I struggled over it and prayed about it and even attended workshops with titles like “What’s Your Brand?”
In the end, the answer–for me, was simple. I write Fiction Full of Grace. I write stories that remind us God is ever present, ever caring, and we don’t need to be afraid or worried or anxious. Our heavenly Father loves us more than we can imagine, and we can rest in that knowledge. God’s grace is my brand, my tagline, and it’s the reason that I write.
Now it’s your turn. Tell me what your favorite KIND of story to read is. Everyone who leaves a comment will be entered to receive a $10 Amazon certificate. Last week’s winner was Kate K.
Announcements for this week:
- Light of Dawn has released early. Amazon is already mailing print copies, and the ebook will release on 6-27.
- My inspirational romantic suspense books are now available on KU, so if you’re a subscriber, please check out Hidden and Protected in the Kindle store.
- We now have over 60 reviews for What the Bishop Saw on Amazon. Thank you!
- My new rafflecopter giveaway includes a set of potholders made by one of the Amish women in the Monte Vista community. Details of the giveaway are on my main page.
- Want to win a copy of Light of Dawn? My publisher is giving away 10 copies on Goodreads.
- Raging Storm is also on sale for 99 cents in ebook format, and Amazon is offering it for 79 cents.