I’m so excited to let you know that Deep Shadows, book 1 in my dystopian series, The Remnant, is now on sale for 99 cents! It doesn’t get any better than that, unless it’s free. Speaking of free, Overshadowed, the prequel to this series is free all the time (ebook only).
I thought it would be fun to answer some of the most frequent questions I receive about this series.
Q. What is dystopian anyway? I’ll skip the fancy, academic definitions. Dystopian books deal with the future (in this case, the near future), and they portray a world that isn’t quite as perfect as we’d like it to be.
Q. Why did you write that? I like challenging myself with questions like Would I be smart enough to… Many times the answer to that is maybe at best! My mom knows a lot more about practical living than I do, but I like to think that I could learn. In many ways, this series asks if I could live a plain and simple life. (Remind you of something else I’ve written?)
Q. What point did you hope to get across? That God’s grace is always enough, regardless our circumstance. That maybe it would be good if we got to know our neighbors a little better. That simpler makes sense. That teenagers are smarter than we often give them credit for. And that we are all stronger when we pull together.
Q. Is their faith in this story? Yes, there is! I can’t imagine writing about main characters who don’t have their feet set firmly on the truth of scripture. Which doesn’t mean their perfect. Shelby and Max and Carter have their doubts, they struggle with questions of why, and they sometimes don’t know what they should do in a situation. But always, they fall back on their faith.
Q. Will you still write Amish books? Yes! What the Bishop Saw is a new Amish mystery series set in Colorado and will release 5-1-17.
Now it’s your turn. If you have a question, let me know.
Announcements for this week:
- Deep Shadows, book 1 in my dystopian series is now 99 cents with all ebook vendors.
- Overshadowed, the prequel to this series is free all the time (ebook only).
- Sarah’s Orphans is currently $3.19 and Anna’s Healing is $2.99 in the Amazon Kindle store.
- Raging Storm recently received a 4 star review from Romantic Times. This is the 2nd book in my series The Remnant and will release 1-31-17. If you pre-order, Amazon offers a price guarantee. If the price goes down between now and release, you’ll receive the lower price.
- Paperback versions of Deep Shadows, Raging Storm, and What the Bishop Saw are all under $9 at ChristianBooks.com.