Celebrating Easter

Amish facts/history, Amish Holidays, Christian living Comments: 8
Texas bluebonnets

Texas bluebonnets

I love Psalm Sunday and Easter and everything about spring. It’s really one of my favorite times of year. I can feel my mood lifting as the wildflowers sprout and the trees bud.

More importantly, the seasons of Lent and Easter remind me of the sacrifice that Christ made for you and for me. Some days it’s difficult to grasp that truth. Other days, I long to sing and shout about it!

For the Amish, Easter is a sacred celebration. Many communities take off the Monday after Easter–close businesses, no school, etc.

So I was wondering, what do you do around your home to celebrate Easter? Comment below, as I’m sure others would love to hear.

ps – our winner from last week was Deb S. I’ve sent her an email. We’ll have another give away next week!

8 thoughts on “Celebrating Easter

1. Ramona Dahl

We also attend church to shore up our faith. We enjoy a large meal at my family home followed by an Easter egg hunt for the youngsters. My mom is very devious about where she hides the eggs. She is so clever, we don’t find some eggs until the area is mowed.

2. Marsha Christenbury

We have a wonderful Easter Canata. I’ll have a great time with the children in Children’s Church. Then home for lunch!

3. Donna

I set up an Easter display in my dining room showing the resurrection scene. My grandkids love it and it gives us a chance to tell them about what Christ did on Calvary. I also play a game with them on Good Friday. I ask them questions about the whole Easter story and they receive little gifts ( small candy items, pencils, stickers, etc) for the correct answer. It is so much fun to see how much they know!!!

4. Linda Johnston

The morning is spent at church. Usually the choir does a musical, but sometimes the musical is later in the spring. Lunch is usually light a then a restful afternoon. About 5:00 the family gathers at the home of our daughter-in-law’s mother for a picnic and egg hunt. Usually our son and his wife invite other friends to join us and daughter-in-law’s mom invites her friends who don’t have grandchildren in town to enjoy watching the egg hunt. In our part of the country, we have colored egg shells filled with confetti which they break on the heads of anyone they can catch. Plastic eggs have small trinkets or candy inside. I like that the egg hunt is after church services so it is not the focus of the day.

5. Alisa KING

We attend church. We have family over for Easter dinner. If we have small children we a Easter egg hunt.

6. Shirley Chapel

This year my Brother and sister-in-law niece and nephew will be stopping in here on Thursday. They have been in Florida for two months. They live in Canada and I live in Ohio so they go through Cincinnati on the way home. We will enjoy a Easter meal together that day.
    On Easter Sunday our church has two morning services. We will not be having an evening service so my husband and I will likely watch that Christian TV movie that has been advertised.
    Will not see the family as they usually celebrate Easter with the other half of the family.
    Have a great Easter everyone.
    Shirley

7. patucker54

Easter has always been very special. Growing up, my mother made sure all six of us kids had new outfits, for Easter, and we always took family photos, after church. Those photos are priceless, now. Easter/spring makes me think of rebirth, hope and the promise of John 3:16.