Thanks for clicking over to my official webpage. We’ve officially entered the dog days of summer, and there are a lot of other things you could be doing–like eating a popsicle. I appreciate the fact that you’re here. Browse around a bit, leave a comment if you’d like, and if you have a question, drop me a line via the Connect/Contact button at the top!
FREE STUFF. Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows about my free stuff. So here goes:
- Home to Pebble Creek, a 20 page ebook novella is free with all vendors, including Amazon. If you don’t have an e-reader, these books can be downloaded to your phone, computer, or tablet.
- Christmas at Pebble Creek, a 24 page ebook novella is free with all vendors, including Amazon.
- Overshadowed, a 56 page ebook novella is free with all vendors, including Amazon.
- Hidden and Protected are inspirational romantic suspense books I wrote that are free in the KU program, and only $2.99 if you don’t subscribe to that service.
- I also have a FREEBIES page with a free quilting pattern, Amish recipes, simple living resources, and educational resources.
Sometimes it’s nice to receive things for free. I hope to add to my freebie page later this summer, so stay tuned for more good stuff. And feel free to check out all of my books by clicking on the books/booklist button above.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Amish, Mystery and Suspense Novels
From the Back Porch
Things I Love to Do
I think the title of this blog is funny, because I don’t really feel guilty about the things that I enjoy. I’ve come to believe that “self care” is really important. It helps us to keep a positive clear outlook on life. It helps us to be the kind of people we should be–generous, kind, optimistic. It helps us to see God’s hand gently guiding our lives. Taking care of ourselves is one of the most important things we can do.
Still, I like the title “My Guilty Pleasure.” What immediately pops into my mind is hiding on the front porch, eating a bowl full of Blue Bell ice cream. Ha! It’s those things that might not make sense to anyone else, but they bring a smile to your lips and a tingle of joy to your heart.
So here we go–some of my guilty pleasures.
- Reading in the hammock
- Playing the piano
- Eating sweets
- Spending time with family or friends, even when I have work to do
- Binge watching a television series
Well those weren’t too terrible. How about you? Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I draw one winner from each post’s comment section. If your name is drawn, I’ll send you a paperback book of my choice from my supply closet. If it’s one you already have, you can donate the unsigned copy to your local library or a friend. Our last winner was Marily R.
Announcements for this week:
- My book Hidden will be free to download from August 9-13. If you don’t have an e-reader, you can read it on your computer, tablet or phone.
- My new Rafflecopter giveaway has started and include an Amish made clothesline bag. I’m sure we could all think of ways to use this, even if we don’t hang our clothes on the line!
- When the Bishop Needs an Alibi earned a 4 star review from Romantic Times.
- I’m working on 2 new indie books that will release in the fall. Stay tunes for more details about Coyote’s Revenge and Roswell’s Secret in the coming weeks.